The kids and I just got back from our trip to California last week. We had a bast and LOVED the weather. Thanks to everyone out there for showing us such a good time. After two weeks of nonstop running and playing, I think we have sufficiently recovered. It couldn't have been a better time to go and visit - it was in the high 60's almost everyday and only rained one of the days and to make it even better, it seemed like every time I talked to Glenn he said it was snowing back home (so glad we weren't there for it). We went to the beach a few times, the zoo (the one where they had the tiger attack), marine world, and the park a ton, we even got to hike to a beautiful waterfall. We took so many pictures that it was hard to pick which ones to put on this. I left out a lot of pictures believe it or not.
I took this picture on the airplane (a ride I would rather not talk about). We were pretty cozy
The elephant seals at Point Reyes beach
Grandpa Roger with Bayley and Isaac
Noah's first ice cream cone -- he loved it
At the beach
Isaac getting warm in the sand
some zoo pictures...
Lexi and Noah
All the cousins and Grandma at the zoo
Howarth park the cousins and Uncle Roger
All the cousins and Aunt Jana
Aunt Jo and BayleyI was even able to run almost everyday around this beautiful lake in the foothills of Santa Rosa, it was good for me to practice running with some hills since at home a bump in the road it the closest thing we get to a hill. Here's a picture of the lake. 

When we got home Isaac had a huge surprise waiting for him. Glenn moved Isaac and Noah into the same room and painted and decorated it (with the help of my mom). It turned out so cute. Isaac was so excited and to top it off it was decorated in a dinosaur theme which Isaac absolutely loves.
The next picture is the second surprise Glenn was working on (painting the kitchen) but ran out of time so it wasn't completely done.
Then right when we got home Glenn went out of town. By the time he was home from his trip we were all so excited to be together. The kids missed him a ton, not to mention me.
3 comments:
So much fun!! You really did miss all the snow. Lucky girl!! I feel your pain with the airplane ride. The picture on the plane was so cute. Brian and I were laughing. I so remember taking a trip like that not long ago. My kids are even a little older then yours so you think it would be easier, no not at all. They don't sleep anymore!!!
It is so pretty in California. I had no idea how many trees and how green it is.
Oh, about your running, come try our neighborhood we have plenty of speed bumps over here. It may increase the intensity of your workout a little.
I didn't know that Glen was so domestic. Painting, and decorating!! Very impressive! If I were you I'd be planing another trip soon. However, I do know that he really missed you all. He did a great job. Welcome home!
Heather-
Looks like a really fun trip! Your kids are getting so big. And wow Glen...way to go! What a nice surprise to come home to.
Looks like a fun trip. I like the painted boys room!!! Nice work!
Post a Comment