Friday, June 26, 2009


Here's the first post of many. I've been meaning to put quite a few post on the blog but haven't been good about doing it. We have been pretty busy the past few monthes. At the end of April we started our road trip out to Mississippi for the summer, to find that we were only there a few weeks. Nothing like a 36 hour drive for a 2 week vacation. Actually, Glenn was going to work out there for the summer but got a job offer in Ca on our way out. We enjoyed hanging out with family while we were out there and actually wished we could have been there longer. On the flip side, we were really excited for the opportunity Glenn was presented with in Ca. So we packed up and drove back. I stopped off in Arizona for a week and spent time with my sister and her family and Hess'. It was so glad I was able to stay down there and spend time with everyone. The kids had a blast as well. When we got back to Ca we started our search for a place to live. It didn't take us long to find it. Now we are all moved in and ready to get life back to normal... but what is normal? I feel so far removed from it. Maybe I should just hope for things to quiet down a little. So, here are some pic of the place. It is in a beautiful neighborhood with an amazing view of the mountains. And yes, this is the neighborhood where the 2 mountain lion cubs came down and attacked a dog. Hopefully that was a one time thing. So far we haven't had any mountain lion sitings just some deer and a grey fox.
The view out front.


All the closets are funny shapes and sizes. This one is perfect size for the kids.
The front yard


Master Bedroom
Kids bedroom with a closet they have to climb into. They love it!!!


The kids room.





The play room


The family room






























9 comments:

Heather said...

That is great news! We are so glad he finally found something and you got your own place! It looks really nice! Congrats!

Jen Baxter said...

It looks really nice! I am glad that you have a place and are getting settled. Here is to calmer days!

j.cooper said...

wow you've been busy since i last was there... kids room, play room , washer and dryer final setup!!! can you come organize my house now?,ha.

Seth and Julie said...

Nice place. I like the new furniture too although I was happy to see the giant stuffed dog made the trip to CA. I sure miss you guys! I drove past your house the other day and the landscaping was all overgrown. It made me sad! Not the landscaping...heaven knows mine is overgrown too...it made me sad because it made it so real that someone else lives there now.

Anyhow, I am happy that there is a new job and a new place. I hope doors just keep opening.

Come visit...please!

Katelin's family said...

That is funny about the closets, not so funny about the mountain lions--yikes! Glad things can move forward for you now, and we hope things go great! Keep posting more updates--have you done any more runs lately?

Jana said...

I love your photo tour and I'm glad you found a great new place for the family!!!

Andy and Tricia Harris said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful! looks like you guys are all settled and happy....just in time so that you can decorate/organize our place pretty soon!! :-)

gloria said...

i am glad you have gotten all settled in and glenn got a job! not to cool about mountain lions... that would trip me out! we really miss you guys and hope ya'll come back for a visit sometime soon. after you left heaven kept askin about noah.. kinda broke my heart! lol

Tanya said...

My kids would just love the closets as well! I'm glad your all doing well, and hope things continue to go well for you. Congrats on the job! Yeah!