Monday, March 9, 2009

One last post I swear. I just had to write about the race that Glenn and I did on Saturday. It was the first trail race we have ever done and it was so much fun. The scenery was breath taking. It was at China Camp which is in Marin right by the bay. We ran through forests with streams and little wooden bridges, passed some redwoods, and had several views of the bay (which I almost missed because I was focusing so hard at the ground). It has been raining for the past few weeks but the weather was clear and warm for the race. We did have to dodge quite a few mud puddles but it just added to the experience. Since it was a trail run they wouldn't allow earphones so I was kind of worried I wouldn't be able to make it the 20K without music to give me a boost, but surprisingly I really didn't miss it. Glenn took it easy since we have another race we are doing the end of March and he was kind of worried about his knee. But he still did really good for taking it easy. I wasn't sure how I would do on a trail, I wasn't even sure during the first half of the race where I would even be at. But there was a place right around the 9th mile where you had to loop around and back on to the trail to take you back to the start so I was able to see who was in front of me. It was perfect timing because I was loosing my momentum until I counted the woman passing me and only counted 5. There was a pretty big group of woman a little ways behind me. I didn't want them to pass me, so I pushed as hard as I could and held my place, finishing 6th. I was so excited considering I really didn't know how I would do. I would post pictures of us but we forgot the camera, so the pictures here are from the race website.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like a great experience, and a beautiful run. Congrats on making it in 6th! Thats impressive.

Team Ryan said...

SWEET!!!! 6th place! That is AWESOME heather and glenn too! WAY TO GO guys!!! GOOD Luck this next race too.

Jen Baxter said...

Way to go! You guys are awesome. I wish I loved to run. You always tried to get me to go and I never loved it. But I admire people who do!

Katelin said...

Wow!! That's awesome!