Sunday, March 1, 2009


Roger and Jackie invited us out to the Sweetheart Ball (a charity dinner) last night. It was a formal event, so I had to scramble to find something to wear (and that was hard considering my entire wardrobe consists of plain simple dresses that are far from formal). I eventually found one that would work and we were off. The theme was Casino Royale 007, they even had a Sean Connery impersonator there, it was pretty funny. It was a lot of fun. Since we now live in the heart of the wine country, every where you turned there was a wine bottle or someone auctioning off fine wine. I guess it is a big deal here. Wine is to Northern CA as beer and brats are to Wisconsin. You can never escape it. I have to say, I was actually happy and somewhat flattered when the servers kept asking me if I would like a glass. I figured that meant they thought I was actually 21!!! But seriously, it really was a lot of fun. We enjoyed a nice dinner. After dinner they had a live band that was actually pretty good. We sat around for a while until I finally lured Glenn out onto the dance floor. He actually busted moves I didn't even know he had (lol). Considering this is only the second time we have danced since we have been married I thought he did pretty well. He actually looked really cute out there trying to bust a move.


We won the raffle. Check out our new car, an Aston Martin DB9!!! Now Glenn makes me call him Bond, James Bond. I guess that's okay because that makes me a Bond girl!


5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Look at the lady in red looking hot in her new town with her new friends. It is good to see you guys smiling but I do miss you.

Heather said...

Okay, I know I might be really gulible, but did you really win the car!? If not, thats just sad. Look at you livin the sweet life!

Team Ryan said...

HOT MOMMMMMMMAAAA!!! LOVE the dress! You guys look GREAT, but I have to say YOU look HOT!!! SWEET CAR, I've always loved the name of those cars...it just sounds nice! Glad you guys had fun, you look so happy and I cant wait to see you!!!!

Jana said...

Hey hot stuff...looking good in that red dress from the back of your closet! Did you really win a car? Crazy!

Tanya said...

I heard about this car, thought i'd check it out for myself. You guys look "AWESOME"! It's good to see your having such a good time. We miss you guys!