So, Glenn and I have been training for a trail half marathon at the end of March.
Here is the description of the race on the website
"You'll traverse the dirt hiking trails through scenic Bothe-Napa Valley State Park, located at the north end of Napa Valley. Along the route, you'll be surrounded by majestic redwood, oak, madrone and bay forests. The course is a bit challenging with the hills, streams and rocks - which makes it all the more exciting and rewarding!"
Sounds like fun right?!
We were so excited, or at least we were until today. Glenn already went up to check out the trail a week or 2 ago but today was my first day. It is insane. While running straight up hill for almost 2 miles (and when I say running I really mean walking with my arms swinging like I was running) I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. It is pretty brutal. We have already signed up for it, but the worst part about it is that we have talked a bunch of friends into signing up for it (most of whom it is their first race). So we are probably going to have a lot of people hating us in a few months. It's going to be tough but I am excited for the challenge. Check out the picture, doesn't it look so tranquil and fun- looks definitely can be deceiving. I'm pretty sure a bit challenging like in the description is a little bit of an understatement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I was hoping to improve my time, now my expectations have changed to just finishing the race!!!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Posted by Glenn and Heather at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are nuts and/or amazing! I'm just still trying to be able to make it past 2 miles in the same run--I'm kind of stuck. Oh, well. I'll be checking back to see how it goes--good luck!
If you can't do it, then no one can. Just leave all of us couch potatoes alone and let us be lazy already.
Post a Comment