Sunday, January 25, 2009


I love this picture. We went out exploring looking for salamanders. It was a rainy day, so Isaac ended up finding over 50 of them. But, to our surprise we also found a newt. Isaac wouldn't hold it in his hand for a picture, but he did let us put it on his head. I'm pretty sure I would have opted for having it in my hand, but he is a boy. I guess he thought it would be sweeter on his head.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

How fun! I used to love going on expeditions to find salamanders and snakes when I was a kid. I think my mom wondered what was going on after my girly sister when I was sneaking these things into the house!

Katelin said...

Ew! That's cute, though.

Heather said...

I bet the kids loved that! How cool!

John + Jamie = A Delavan Family said...

I miss seeing you guys, hope you are doing well. It will be nice to see you during your first visit home.

Seth and Julie said...

I didn't even notice the newt on his head until I read about it. I have never even seen one of those or a salamander.

And I wish you and Margie would stop posting pictures of beaches and swimming pools. It is making me depressed. Yesterday was the warmest day in a month so I was brave and went shopping. I think it was 17 degrees...toasty!